Close

Thread: ATMEGA blew up

Hybrid View

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Oh contrary AutoWiz

In terms of a volumetric extrusion I can print 9.6mm^3 per second.
    I have attached a Z-Axis STL. I can print this model near perfect in 1hour 38 minutes

Lets compare post how fast you can print it.
    First layer 1/3 print speed
    layer height .28
    infill 15%
    2 wrap skirt

I do agree that there are better controllers, An when my controllers die I will make this leap.
    OR
    When I find that cannot keep up with all the improvements to firmware that I believe I have to have.

An believe me this day is coming sooner that I really want it too.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 11-20-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well, I sliced it up with S3D and it came back that it will take longer than your claimed time. But not by much and sometimes these assessments on time aren't always right and even still we don't know how it will actually come out so I am still going to print it. But as stands my slicer is telling me I will be 11 minutes behind you..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Wait a minute. Hold the phone. Back that truck up. I re sliced the .stl with the supports turned off and the projected time went down to 3 minutes under your time. But again we still have to print first and S3D is using my custom calibrations on my custom printer so we really can't assume accuracy here. But at least i am hopeful, now. or unless you tell me you printed yours with supports?

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Because this looks like it is going to be close I just want to point out that while my printer is running at 24v my extruder heater cartridge is a genuine E3D high precision 30 watt heater cartridge. While more accurate it heats up a little slower than most 40 watt heater cartridges and because of the PETG i am printing at 240c and 70c on the bed and so it takes me over 6 minutes from start before this machine starts printing. It gets added into the time and so I just wanted to point out this mechanical limitation of the machine and filament I am using..

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Attaching Cura 15.04.6 images one With and one without Support Images and the estimating Print time.
    Cura With.jpg

Cura without.jpg

Cura 3.6.0 without.jpg

Printed Model.jpg

Printed model took a little longer 1hour 32 minutes Without supports.
    Actually I printed it without supports.
    As you can see there is little flaws near the Holes on edge of the left side.

I have two of these Used Hictop a 3DP11 12volt and a 3DP12 24volt .

In fact there is another used Hictop on E-Bay too bad I do not need or have space for another 3D Printer.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 11-21-2020 at 02:13 PM.