Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well the Lotmaxx sc-10 shark - looks like an ender 3 clone and is a kickstarter project - so not available to actually purchase and own yet. On principle and experience I'd advise against most kickstarter projects. They often take a long long time to arrive, if they arrive at all. bear in mind that a kickstarter 'purchase' is NOT a purchase at all. You are giving the company money with no actual guarentee of any good in return. It's almost a charitable donation. Yes I have 'bought' a kickstarter printer that never arrived - and I'd actually waited until the campaign was finished and the machines had started to ship. But it's mainly because it's not an actual buyer-seller transaction. You are simply gicving money to someone with no legal guarentee that you will ever get anything in return.
    I am taken by the price tag to build envelope ratio. 2 filament printing is cool. Today 3 or more is better. A laser engraver is cool. And as much as they are to buy and add onto any other printer there is just no justification for $439 for 235x235x265. It is just absurd in todays world. Almost as absurd as leaving the weight of a laser engraver on the gantry while you are just 3d printing or leaving the weight of the dual extruder hotend on the gantry while you are laser engraving. And if anybody ever wondered no you do not laser engrave printed plastic. Nor do you print plastic over what you etch with a laser. But the cool and unrelated add on accessories has given me a million dollar idea. A cartesian 3d printer with a fleshlight attached to the heated bed so as the bed warms it warms and as the Y slides back and forth you get happy no matter what the printer does. And I bet I could get $439 for making even the worst failed print a good experience.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 01-10-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Yes,laser engraving can be used on plastic.but need to adjust the laster power.the laser engraving usually used on wood and leather.