Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    machine wise it really depends on budget.
    having got all the different types of fdm machine - I would go corexy in future.

However if you want to print nylon - then an enclosed machine is a really good idea - also one with a hi-temp hotend.

don't seem to be able to get qidi machines over here at the moment - shame as they are all enclosed and come with a 300c hotend.
    But you could get a flashforge pro and add the high temp hotend fairly easily: https://technologyoutlet.co.uk/produ...003729df&_ss=r

As far as delamination goes - it's not usually an issue. certainly not with nylon - nylon does not delaminate if printer properly.
    To be fair - pretty much only abs does, unless printed in a hot enclosure.
    All the other plastics if printed correctly have near perfect layer bonding.
    And then there's the orientation you print the part in - it's usually pretty easy to make sure any serious forces are directed in the right direction.

As for what you would make - well anything you can design :-)

You've got the hard part down - you can already do cad.

Replacement parts for broken things, new things for one off applications - you seem to have enough interests to keep the printer running all day every day :-)

And if you get realy bored you can download some trinket off thingiverse and make crap :-)

My last 3 designs were a phone holder (vertical and horizontal models) and an ipad holder, that all lock into my cobra tripod. Way stronger and easier to change over than the crappy little screw in camera attachment. Which broke anyway. Fortunately it has a quick change system that does not rely on the little screw, like most tripods do.

Once you've printed a couple items, you'll be amazed at just how many things you realise you can actually make.

I3's are tricky things to enclose and have a number of issues - more or less depending on who made it.

For an unenclosed single extruder - the twotrees sapphire pro is an awesome machine. Two basic mods and you've got an incredible machine for very little money.

Enclosing would be interesting - particualrly as mine's rigged for direct drive feeding and has a filament holder that extende abouve the frame.

But you're only a couple hours down the motorway from me, I'm 10 minutes from jct 11 m42. - so when/if lockdown stops you're welcome to pop up and have a play :-)

The other thing is that you pretty much NEVER get a design right first time. Particularely with the wifn surfer widget. And if you are goign to pay someone each time you make an adjustment to it - it's going to get expensive really quickly.

Look at it this way - the sapphire pro is 6 hdmi brackets or three gooseneck joints.

It should be pretty easy to add a hi-temp hotend to it. Something I'm looking at.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 11-06-2020 at 07:13 AM.