Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Add jamcultur on Thingiverse
    I just noticed that you sintered at 1200 degrees Farenheit. That is way too low to sinter steel. The Markforged sintering oven heats to over 1300 degrees Celsius (over 2,300 degrees Farenheit), and their sintering process takes over 24 hours.

gotcha...yeah I kind of figured that I just burnt out all the binder and was left with powder due to the way it disintegrated after picking it up. I will try again at a higher temp.

OK I made a second attempt at sintering a part. I printed another 1"x1"x1/8" part. This time I printed it solid infill. I think I may have heated it up too much during the filament burn off process because the part caught on fire. I ended the experiment here. I think I am done with the experiments at this point because my foundry is not able to heat up enough. Before now I was only hitting temps around 1300degree F for melting aluminum. I have some new element wire on order now which should be able to get me closer to 2000 degree F.I will report back when I do more with this.