Close

Hybrid View

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    After calibrating the extruder, I'd probably increase the amount of infill. Am I correct that the ring part is OK? Bridging gaps appears to be a problem, and increasing the infill will provide more support to help with it. What are the dimensions of the parts, and what material are you using? The parts aren't all that big, and PLA might require a print cooling fan to ensure the first solid top layer is ready to support the weight of the next one without sagging much. It could also be there are tweaks to be made to the nozzle temperature (try cooler?) and the print speed being applied to bridges. I see an attempt at two solid layers. After other problems are worked out, adding a third layer would likely help provide a flatter top layer.

DISCLAIMER: I'm fairly new at this myself, so factor that into the value of my input.
    Last edited by printbus; 07-20-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Student
    It looks like you are only printing a single full top layer. Try making it print two or three layers on top. That is, once the extruder is calibrated on e-steps, and you measure the filament like the folks here said.
    Last edited by PJMoore; 08-03-2014 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PJMoore View Post
    It looks like you are only printing a single full top layer. Try making it print two or three layers on top. That is, once the extruder is calibrated on e-steps, and you measure the filament like the folks here said.
    Looks like his using 2 at the moment,

But ye you could do more top layers to get it more even after a infill were done, But at the places that didnt have a hole, it still has some gaps wich still makes me think he should look at his filament esteps etc what i said before.