Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well still takes 3 hours.
    simplify3d 4.1 - is almost exactly an hour out in it's stimation.
    Which i find hard to understand as it generates every command and knows the speed of the printhead and length of each command.

So the slicer says 2hours 12 minutes and the printer takes 3 hours and 9 minutes.
    The screen on the sapphire actually shows current printspeed as well (none of my others do) and 90% when I've looked, is either at 130 or 150mm/s.

all very odd :-)

But the box printed great.
    There's a very slight quality difference between the solid box half and the purely 'arm' half.
    I wouldn;t have though the relative rigidity would make that much difference. But it's noticeable.
    I reckon I could also reduce the compensation to 0.05mm for a tighter fit that doesn't untwist under it's own weight, simply by turning it upside down.

Think I'll do one at 0.3mm next.
    Might work :-)

If you're wondering why the black one is in better focus - the first lot were taken with my £70 2.5 year old phone (which is due to be retired at the end of the month) and the black one pics were taken with an old £800 ipad pro my mate gave me, that I've just started to play with.
    It's a big heavy beast (well all ipads are) but damn the camera is amazing.
    Now if I cna only get the slow motin video to playback in actual slow motion on my computer, rather than just on the ipad - I'll be a very happy bunny :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-29-2020 at 09:55 AM.