Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    try using prusa slicer (does anyone really use cura through choice ?)- and it's most likely not moisture - never had any issues with that and pla. I guess you'd need to have the filament somewhere really humid for some time, for that to be an issue. Did you change the printing temperature between abs and pla ? Printing pla at abs temps would cause the described problem. Basically give us as much information as possible. Just saying: 'this did not work - tell me why'. Without supplying any details, does not help :-)
    Ah, sorry. I'm not used to asking for help on these issues So - The printer is a new one, basically two weeks old. Creality Ender 3 Pro. It managed to print some intricate creations in ABS, but since I'm printing inside the house and with no good ventilation, I prefer working with PLA.The issue started with the CR-PLA filament (freshly opened). Lots of stringing, as you can see in the pictures. I only tried printing two things, though: the Spiderman body and the Print in Place Engine Benchmark. Both came out in pretty bad shape, with the engine being so messed up that it couldn't work properly.I'm using Cura 4.7, with a setting specifically for Creality Ender-3 Pro. Layer height = 0.2 mmInfill % = 20%With supportPrint speed = 50 mm/sPrinting temperature = 200 CBuild plate temperature = 60 CPrint Cooling is enabledFan speed = 100%Retraction is enabled, and I tried using a "retraction minimum travel" of 1.5 mm (default), 1 mm and 0.7 mm (lowest setting). The stringing was still apparent in all of these settings.The other retraction settings can be seen in this link - https://photos.app.goo.gl/HC4wfcj3kzNCK4YY9Finally, it's also possible that I have a missing layer problem, as can be seen in the following image (which was printed with a retraction minimum travel of 0.7 mm.https://photos.app.goo.gl/upeCHNWww8AV9R1n9I think that's all the information I have right now, but would love to provide you with more if you direct me.Thank you for your time and attention!
    Last edited by dup; 10-19-2020 at 01:58 PM.