Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
I've run into problems with my ABS prints on glass on a different printer. As the job cools, the print pulls pieces of glass out of the bed. I was astonished to see this. The solution I used, which fails occasionally, is to apply glue stick to the bed. I've noted that the X-max bed sticker also suggests using glue if something won't stick during a print, but the glue layer also makes things separate easier. When I've printed PETG on a Genuine Prusa, I also applied glue stick, as I learned that PETG will tear up the PEI layer on the Prusa.

Purple Elmer's Glue Stick™
I had thought about using glue stick but was turned off due to my experiences using it with ABS in the past. I haven't used the purple glue stick before but using the opaque glue stick tended to cause the glue to, I guess burn wouldnt be the right word but kind of crust on the bed if that makes sense? I found it harder to remove afterwards than when I had used it with PLA prints that refused to stick.

I decided to risk a new print bed last night and did what I always do with a new one and print a PLA model that covers the entire build plate. I've found that if I print ABS on a brand new X-Max build plate it sticks WAY too well and often rips parts of the bed with it. After the PLA print I did a 2 hour 30 min ABS print with 230 C as the print temp, 90 C as the initial bed temp, and 80 C as the overall bed temp. The ABS print stayed put, no signs of warping, and it actually didn't cause any damage to the build plate this time! I've done 2 more ABS prints in the same place and it's still showing no signs of damage. I think I may have found the Goldilocks zone lol. Thank you to both you fred_dot_u and jamcultur for your support!