Close

Thread: My First CoreXY

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well the 8mmx1.25 threaded rods seem to limit the Z movement to 5 or so mm/s And when we are talking about a 600mm build height them fine threaded rods can bring about long homing times after big prints. This will let me keep the correct threaded rod size to match the build envelope I am working with. Also to take away from the lifting weight means I will be able to home faster just because the motors will see less load. Up to half the load in fact if I perfectly balance the bed and weights. The 3lb weights are not enough so I ordered 4lb weights. One on each side. I am pretty sure my Z axis weighs 10lbs or more. So it is a lot of load for them steppers to lift that kind of weight. And sure they are big motors and they can do it but that is just a bunch more current flowing out of the stepper drivers heating them up good and proper. With the 3lb weights installed here is my printer with the bed up..

Mid travel..

And all the way down..

For those interested the rig next to the printer can be seen in better detail here: My New Machine | General Conversation (superchargerforums.com)
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 12-06-2020 at 10:16 PM.