Good question. To be honest I want to print parts that can live under the hood of car and so for that effort I needed to be able to print in the higher temps. And so I started to build for that. CA pointed out to me the cost of the high temp filaments. And took all the wind right out of my sails. I love 3d printers for their main intended purpose. Rapid Prototyping. And I rework 3d printers to hone this ability and skill. And to get to a good perfect part for a 3d printer or anything I do I might print that part 5, 10, or more times getting the part perfect. To enable this I run open source and the cheapest filaments I can find that I can tune my rigs to print decent. I typically spend ~$20 for a 1kg spool. For the PEEK I will pay $300 or more. This will greatly limit my capacity in how I use 3d printers. And so I am sticking with the PETG for now.

But who knows what tomorrow will bring. And so I have a cube printer that can be walled off easily. I have the 400c bed. I am about to receive the 400c+ hotend (mosquito Magnum), If I choose to go down that road the door will always be open for it. But for now I'm gonna play where it is affordable to do so.