Close

Thread: My First CoreXY

Threaded View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I have the printer in my possession since the weekend. I have the basic structure together but have stopped short of mounting any of the electronics. I want this machine to be able to stay on without driving up the power bill too much and I want it all to be reliable. So I am dumping the 500 watt 24v cheap power supply that came with the printer in favor of a smaller output and much more efficient MeanWell HRP-450-24 power supply. It's datasheet is right here: https://www.meanwell.com/productPdf.aspx?i=464 . I can get away with a smaller power supply because I am switching to a 120v bed heater. For this effort I have sourced a Crydom d2425 solid state relay along with a heatsink to mount it to and this here silicone bed heater from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/KEENOVO-Indus...06Y4JBW7S?th=1 . All of these parts along with the build surface are going to show up at some point or another. The build surface is coming from China so it might be a while. No worries. I am in no rush and this build happens at it's own pace as always. I also have a BLTouch v3.1 coming because I seriously doubt the TronXY Z sensor is gonna read the 4mm thick glass bed. And I have decided to dump the notion of reprap firmware and the duet stuff For Now. I might go after it in a rework later but for now I just want to go with what I already have had success with. So the plan for now is the SKR PRO with TMC2226 drivers and a tft70 v3.0 7" touchscreen. The 32 bit controller in the tft70 is the same 168mhz chip that drives the SKR PRO. And I'm gonna list some of these new tronxy electronic parts on ebay or let go or somewhere. Also this titan knockoff extruder has to go.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 10-12-2020 at 06:31 PM.