Close

Thread: My First CoreXY

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol ah, was that the comment about removeable stepper drivers versus built on ?

I mean it's not about cost. the skr 1.3 turbo board I bought was stupid cheap - but has removeable stepper drivers.
    And as really the main issue you're likely to get at any point - it's really the only thing to look out for.

If you look around here - apart from a few boards where the hotbed circuits fry (mainly creality boards it seems) stepper drivers are pretty much the only thing you're likely to have trouble with.

So by getting a board with replaceable chips - you're actually saving money in the long run, and also vastly simplifying the whole trouble shooting process.

But when you look at what the skr boards cost and what they can do - there's no way I'd go near a duet.
    But then I'm unlikely to ever build something as complicated as you are :-)

Yeah that build volume on the tronxy is pretty huge.

I think if I ever need to get something that large it'll probably be a belt machine. That way I don't need a whole new room to keep it in :-)

I actually quite fancy having ago at making a really small one 100x100 with infinite length would be an interesting size to build.
    You could actually print 'extrusion' or pipes to any length.
    Or possibly smaller. I guess it all depends on what i can find to use as the belt.
    An inside out sander belt would work well and you can just coat the smooth surface with some printer glue or kapton tape.
    You'd only need a really tiny hotbed as well.

I mena I have no actual reason so to do - just strikes me as a fun project :-)

And don't look at me as far as firmware goes - I still have no clue how to update the configuration file on the sapphire.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-07-2020 at 10:55 AM.