Close

Thread: My First CoreXY

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    interesting.
    At over $300 for a 500gm roll - PEEK is probably more expensive than just about any metal cover around.

have you costed this out at all ?
    And if not peek - what else is there that's hitemp ?

(a few minutes later)
    hang on, in your living room ?

How are you still married ?
    ;-)

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    interesting.
    At over $300 for a 500gm roll - PEEK is probably more expensive than just about any metal cover around.

have you costed this out at all ?
    And if not peek - what else is there that's hitemp ?

(a few minutes later)
    hang on, in your living room ?

How are you still married ?
    ;-)
    I honestly did not know how much that filament is. But since I am building I am building for it. Whether or not or how much I use that filament has yet to be seen and there is a good chance I will just make plugs out of PLA or PETG to use as a mold to then make parts out of carbon fiber. So the big takaway here is I am building for high temp but very much look forward to burning through an aweful lot of the $20 ebay spools of PETG. I do find it heart wrenching that you say the high temp filament is expensive but it does make sense. The cheapness of the ebay filaments and the ability to tune the open source printers for that cheap filament has really empowered me to play a lot here and just keep my printers running. failed prints are really gonna hurt at that price. And ya the wife does not like my printers. I put the silent drivers in there and tell her I dont hear a thing but the blue geeetech i3 printer I moved to our bedroom and it starts fights when I run it while she needs to sleep.