Quote Originally Posted by Priusron View Post
I may need to get 2.
You should definitely get 2 if you really want to have fun with the modding. Because it will empower you to have a printer down and still be able to 3d print so if parts don't fit or other ideas get tossed in the mix after the rework starts you still have a path to producing parts instead of having to work with what you got or put it all back the way it was to print new parts. I have 4 printers today and am commonly fleshing out upgrades on multiple printers at the same time. But I always maintain at least one robot ready to run no matter what. Honestly if I were starting over today and I were to go for just 2 I think I might go for the Prusa mini. It is easy to assemble. fast to get up and printing. Prints in incredible quality. And is the perfect size for making most parts at 180*180*180 build envelope. Then I would hunt down the largest format CoreXY I could find. Which BTW is the TronXY X5SA 500. That would be a winning combination I think. All your tinkering will be worthwhile as it will be for large format capability. And you will always have something reliable to fall back on so you will never loose this awesome and powerful newfound ability.