Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
All easy, but when you want a scannable QR code that is on each item, that would be quite a pain for your average consumer printer. I could do it in blender, but I would physically need to stamp model with the QR code (either raised or embedded) and then for each individual one printed, would need to physically repeat that, stamp, export print.. now a handful would be ok, like 10-20.. but if you wanted hundreds printed with individual scannable codes, you really need to look at a more professional manufacturer that can pump these out with an automated QR update for each item.
The problem is that I won't know exactly what the QR code will be until the order is placed. I can provide orders via email with a QR code attached. It would be an ongoing relationship that could earn someone a few extra bucks and give them a reason to use their 3d printer as well as an opportunity to earn some Bitcoin if you found that interesting. That is why I came to these forums instead of a major manufacturer. This could even turn into a somewhat profitable venture for someone if the end result was very high quality and you had the ability to make them for different sized coins.

Also, toward the end of the year I will want 100 of these for a much larger coin. I would be able to provide all of those QR codes at one time and even a couple months in advance. I would think someone might find this project interesting.