Close

Thread: printer died

Threaded View

Technician
    These are pics of the first time it happened. I only have them because I was running around trying to find a replacement connector locally. No luck of course. There was nothing telling me what the connector is called and I ended up ordering several of the wrong things. I got a replacement assembly from the company and later figured out how to order what I need so now I have a bunch of the little metal connectors that go on the end of the wire and the plastic connectors so I can replace just what is damaged. Then I had to buy a new tool to attach the connector to the wire which of course came with no instructions. YouTube and trial and error finally got it right. I think the larger wire and the mosfit helps - I can physically feel that the connector is cooler than before, and the plastic connector does not look so burnt when it does fail. The last one looked more like just a physical break than a burnt wire. One reason my connection lasts longer now is practice using the tool and getting better connections. After this last time, I tried to re-route the wires so that there is less stress on the connection as the bed moves. Keeping my fingers crossed that will take care of it. If I have another break, I will ask again for more info on the Mosfit controllers you mentioned.ThanksDonna
    Attached Images Attached Images