Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by lucidpsykosis View Post
    Today I started with a new roll of Black PET+ filament that I got in the mail. Heated the plate and leveled it the best I could. I was able to print a piece that turned out remarkably well. When I then tried to print another piece, it started messing up halfway through the first layer. I remembered a video I watched from an engineer who rough leveled his plate with a depth micrometer, then printed a .1mm thick print and adjusted the corners as he went...I tried that (minus the depth mic) and got it dialed in pretty good. The only downside is, my print has marks on the bottom from all the little tears in the Kapton tape. When my glass gets delivered, I should be good to go I think. BTW, how to I compensate for the glass thickness (1/8) so it doesn't shatter when the extruders come down?

Download and print a Creator X Z-axis offset. Rest it on the the build platform support behind the build plate and you're good to go! Double check that the height of the Z-axis shim is the same as the thickness of the glass.

If you want to print with ultra-fine resolution (eg. 80 microns), a good recommendation is to level with a feeler gauge.

Peter
    Need immediate assistance? Please give us a call at toll-free 1.855.243.9838 / international: 1.626.322.3855 M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm PST | E-mail: supports@flashforge-usa.com | FlashForge YouTube Channel

Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter@FFUSA View Post
    Download and print a Creator X Z-axis offset. Rest it on the the build platform support behind the build plate and you're good to go! Double check that the height of the Z-axis shim is the same as the thickness of the glass.

If you want to print with ultra-fine resolution (eg. 80 microns), a good recommendation is to level with a feeler gauge.

Peter
    Thanks Peter I printed the offset, and it works great. Glass is working out soooo much better than the tape; I guess its just what happens when you're new at this and you make mistakes. Anywho, I got it where I can see how the filament is being laid out, and how to adjust for it, so that's a good thing. The best I've been able to print with a fair amount of decency is .1 mm...didn't know if I could push it more than that with this printer.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by lucidpsykosis View Post
    Thanks Peter I printed the offset, and it works great. Glass is working out soooo much better than the tape; I guess its just what happens when you're new at this and you make mistakes. Anywho, I got it where I can see how the filament is being laid out, and how to adjust for it, so that's a good thing. The best I've been able to print with a fair amount of decency is .1 mm...didn't know if I could push it more than that with this printer.
    It has alot to do with the filament you use as well, some filaments will not do 0.1 due to their tolerance. I have 3 rolls of Red ABS here, all different suppliers. One can print at 0.1mm no problems, the other two struggle, and prefer 0.2mm, it's very easy to see when you print. You can vary temperatures to make the adjustment but essentially there is only so much you can do before you are limited by the filaments capability.