Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    All preheating happens automatically before printing. It is just most important to preheat the bed, level, then print.

Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse
    Geoff, I also forgot to ask, how do I get my printer to see the files on the SD card? I use ReplicatorG, and selected to have the files written as a .s3g file, then copied to the SD card...but they don't show up when I choose "print from SD card"?

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by lucidpsykosis View Post
    Geoff, I also forgot to ask, how do I get my printer to see the files on the SD card? I use ReplicatorG, and selected to have the files written as a .s3g file, then copied to the SD card...but they don't show up when I choose "print from SD card"?
    Had the same problem here, a file name error ..the file has to be .X3G not .S3G ("files of type" drop down menu, save as .X3G)
    Also I find more prints "gronk" via the SD card (perhaps because I've extended it?) I always use the PC now.
    While I'm here, I have to say Geoff offers really good help.
    Having said that, my FFCx runs a bit differently, most of my ABS runs the best at 222C, the hotbed at 102C with Kapton, mostly without rafts.
    If it doesn't stick, I use the ABS glue (with MEK).
    Also, on the bed leveling, I level it hot (~110C) with a sheet of plain paper, it may take a few go-rounds to get it right, but to be honest, I haven't leveled it in weeks, and yes I run it almost every day @0.22 resolution.
    I snap off the prints with a chunk of oak stick & rubber mallet after the bed has cooled to ~80C (sounds crude, but it works), tap it at the base.
    Just make sure you preheat the bed to allow it to stabilize before running a print.
    Pics of some older & newer prints..and FFCx front panel mods (front lighted switch, plastic front cover, SD card extension)
    My 2 cents anyway.
    Cheers!
    TD
    sample projects.jpgfront panel mods.jpg

Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Teledog View Post
    Had the same problem here, a file name error ..the file has to be .X3G not .S3G ("files of type" drop down menu, save as .X3G)
    Also I find more prints "gronk" via the SD card (perhaps because I've extended it?) I always use the PC now.
    While I'm here, I have to say Geoff offers really good help.
    Having said that, my FFCx runs a bit differently, most of my ABS runs the best at 222C, the hotbed at 102C with Kapton, mostly without rafts.
    If it doesn't stick, I use the ABS glue (with MEK).
    Also, on the bed leveling, I level it hot (~110C) with a sheet of plain paper, it may take a few go-rounds to get it right, but to be honest, I haven't leveled it in weeks, and yes I run it almost every day @0.22 resolution.
    I snap off the prints with a chunk of oak stick & rubber mallet after the bed has cooled to ~80C (sounds crude, but it works), tap it at the base.
    Just make sure you preheat the bed to allow it to stabilize before running a print.
    Pics of some older & newer prints..and FFCx front panel mods (front lighted switch, plastic front cover, SD card extension)
    My 2 cents anyway.
    Cheers!
    TD
    sample projects.jpgfront panel mods.jpg
    LMAO "stool sample"...thats awesome. Thank you for the info, very much appreciated...and yes, if it weren't for a lot of Geoff's posts I would've been sending this thing back in the first week. Having said that, since then I've had a lot of good help from many people. Your prints are amazing, I hope I can get mine to look that smooth at some point. Since I got that roll of PET+, I haven't really gone back to trying ABS or PLA, maybe now that I'm better acquainted with my FFCx, I might give it a go. How did you do your power switch?
    Last edited by lucidpsykosis; 07-28-2014 at 12:30 AM.