Quote Originally Posted by lucidpsykosis View Post
Today I started with a new roll of Black PET+ filament that I got in the mail. Heated the plate and leveled it the best I could. I was able to print a piece that turned out remarkably well. When I then tried to print another piece, it started messing up halfway through the first layer. I remembered a video I watched from an engineer who rough leveled his plate with a depth micrometer, then printed a .1mm thick print and adjusted the corners as he went...I tried that (minus the depth mic) and got it dialed in pretty good. The only downside is, my print has marks on the bottom from all the little tears in the Kapton tape. When my glass gets delivered, I should be good to go I think. BTW, how to I compensate for the glass thickness (1/8) so it doesn't shatter when the extruders come down?

Download and print a Creator X Z-axis offset. Rest it on the the build platform support behind the build plate and you're good to go! Double check that the height of the Z-axis shim is the same as the thickness of the glass.

If you want to print with ultra-fine resolution (eg. 80 microns), a good recommendation is to level with a feeler gauge.

Peter