Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    get something else :-)
    Is the best advice I can give.

It looks like they've changed things since the version 2 was first announced and the frame no longer looks as bad as it did originally.
    But as far as I can see it still has the design flaws of the first machine.

But it won't make as much noise :-)

Love that on the creality website they make a big deal that it uses a BRASS !!! nozzle.
    Like it's an upgrade - and not the cheapest option around and the one most printers come with.
    New Nozzle?Brass nozzle with heat resistance.
    For me - if I had to buy an ender 3 (maybe at gunpoint and using somebody else's credit card) Then the two crucial upgrades would be a second z-screw and stepper motor for the right hand side of the gantry and after that, change the bowden extruder to a direct drive extruder. But it's a really bad idea to make it a direct drive without stabilising that right hand side of the extruder gantry.
    Pushing a long heavy beam up by just one end was never a good idea.

Auto bed level - well with the way the bed is mounted - yeah probably a good idea.
    A central rail with side mounted wheels - is never going to be perfectly level throughout it's full travel.So even if the bed is really flat - which it should be as it's now glass. You'll still need to have the 'bed level' to map the changes during travel.

But there are better machine around for not that much more money.

And definitely :-)
    Whatever printer you land on, the best advice I can give is to play with it stock, do not mod anything. Once you get to know the printer well, and know its quirks and what you feel could use improvement, then start modding to fix your perceived downfalls.
    I'm not 'down with enders' - I am pro good design and common sense machanics.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-02-2020 at 12:13 PM.