Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    extruder should be fine.
    It's a dual gear bmg isn't it ?
    Plenty good grip and push.

Pet-g - I've only ever used Printbite. Where it sticks great.

what settings are you using for pet-g ?
    It should stick to painters tape as that is more a mechanical hold than a chemical one.
    My biggest issue with tape is getting off the bottom of the print. never had any issues with anything sticking to it.

Pet-g needs to be printed slowly and hot - bed temp 85-100c hotend 235-255 and max printing speed 40mm/s with 10% speed for the first layer.
    Also cooling fans off for first 2 layers and 50% for rest.
    Though if it's anything like mine - there's nothing I can do with the fans as they stand.
    The fans are dual purpose and cool the heatbreak and print area - so on all the time.

Same as my rep-clones - and never caused me any issues.
    But in ideal pet-g printing conditions you don't use much cooling.

Also a little extra 'smush' doesn't hurt.
    Offset the global offsets for the z axis (bottom left of g-code settings page) by -0.1
    If print looks fine and doesn't stick, increase that in increments of 0.1 until it either sticks or the first layer gets wavy and looks like crap - at whicbh point you're too close :-)

A lot depends how finely you calibrated it in the first place.
    I tend to calibrate pretty close to the bed as it's really easy to adjust z-offset from the g-code page.

Once I get a new spool mount made I'll try some pet-git on my magigoo.
    basically I buggered up the stock print surface so am now using magigoo on the bare aluminium.

It's probably the best print surface material I've ever used - but not as plug and play/one time only buy as the Printbite.
    But you can't put a first layer down at 100mm/s on printbite, and I have on the magigoo :-)
    https://magigoo.myshopify.com/collec...ive-single-pen

It's not cheap but a really thin layer is all you need and a little goes a really long way.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-02-2020 at 01:25 PM.