Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah - it is an odd one.
    The actual hardware and mechanics of the machine are excellent. I mean the top plate is 6mm aluminium and the base is made from 2.25mm steel.
    It's ultra stable !

But even if card reader had worked - the temperature swing would probably have buggered you up.
    Still looking into commands to fix that, pretty sure it's a dodgy firmware setting and those you can usually fix with the right gcode tagged on to the startup code.

That said -= even wth a near 40 degree swing - I set it at 210 and it oscillated between 192 and 230 - it STILL knocked out a couple of trolley keys at 200mm/s. they look a little rough - but they are dimensionally accurate and without the temp issue would be as good as a 70mm/s print from my other machines.

With the extruder mounted on a pyramid frame at the top - I've got the bowden tube dwon to half the length and with no really sharp angles. So I've got high hopes for flexible filaments.

Think I found the design for the pyramid on thingiverse. Originally it ws held together with little plastic plugs - so I had to redesign it to use bolts and nuts.
    The tricky bit was fastening the feet securely to the top frame. I think he just had his resting - not good. I ended up using cable ties and it's now seriously rigid and going nowhere.
    I've actually cjopped a bit more off the bowden tube sonce I took that pic.

It's weird that they obviously put so much effort into getting the frame and general mechanics right - the linear rails are amazing and coupled with the tmc stepper drivers - It's so smooth and quiet that if it wasn't for the filament making noise during retractios - you would not even know it was running.
    I find it weird that you'd go the the effort to make something so well engineered and then bugger things up with dodgy firmware.

And just checked - it's running a custom version of marlin 1.

So yeah - all-in-all, well chuffed with it :-)

How you getting on with the flashforge 3 - got a workling one yet ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-20-2020 at 11:22 AM.