Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    right well - machine finished.

In the end I just went for a raised filament spool holder in the front left corner. The spool is held at 45 degree angle to the bed. So pull is even no matter where the print head is.

So last few days I've been putting her through her paces.
    WOW !

Original size iris box - one of the hardest things to get clean and smoothly working. Printed them all at 0.2mm layer height.
    Started at 75mm/s - best iris box I've ever printed.
    Then went up to 100mm/s - just as good, I can't tell them apart.
    Then did two at once at 100mm/s.
    Both perfect - zero indication that they weren't made one at a time.
    I then did one at 150mm/s.
    It took a little more twisting to get working - but once freed up, works as smooth as the others.
    I can just about tell it from the others - plus i engraved 150 on the base just to make sure.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1817180

So I'm now attempting a print I have only ever managed on my mini-delta with a 0.25mm nozzle.

print in place rounded fidget cube.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1752508

same thing as iris boxes. I'll start at 75mm/s and work my way up.

Unlike a benchy - these items are hard to print and great things to give away or use.

iris boxes great for screws when dismantling things - as when you knock them off the table they don't scatter the screws :-)

And everybody loves the fidget cvubes :-)

I still have the issue of flexible filament somehow managing to wrap itself nehind the extruder drive gear when you attempt to push it fast.
    I cannot even see how it manages it - and I have had that thing stripped down to it's individual components.
    there is no discernible gap. IT shouldn't be able to do what it does.

So until - if - I decide to change the extruder - I'll just stick to the replicator pro for flexibles.
    Not a biggy - but a little annoying.
    I do have a spare mk8 extruder that I might make a bracket for.
    It would be interesting to compar ethe two. Plus with a single really short piece of ptfe you can make a mk8 100% tangle proof.

Once I've finished mucking around with fidget cubes I'll have a go with some pet-g as well.

Also interesting to see which of the three printing adhesives I currently have, pet-g like best :-)
    Plus I have a sheet of PEI on it's way from china.

Yes I do have two other sheets in my workshop - somewhere !
    But look as I might, I simply cannot find either of them.
    When i put something in a safe place - it's completely safe !
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-09-2020 at 03:03 PM.