Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    bear in mind that diode lasers are weak and quite specific in what they can do.
    usually with an all in one the output is between 500mw (almost useless) to 1500 mw (useful for certain things).

A diode laser is actualy very good for marking things. Due to the wavelength of the laser, it will burn most materials.
    So marking things like leather, wood, some plastics (some release toxic fumes - so avoid them - vinyl, is the BIG no burn material).
    A doide laser can also cut thin card.
    It will not cut anything else and it will not engrave on acrylic or glass.

What is good fun is to print something from a filament with wood in it and then engrave it. That actually works really well:
    This is a stand I made with wood filament. Couldn't engrave the stand itself so i made and engraved an insert.
    I believe this was done with my very first laser - a 1000mw neje type with all of a 2.5 inch cutting area !

These days I've worked up to a 40wat co2 laser.
    Man that thing is a proper deathray !

But is the laer comes as a freebie - you'll have some fun with it :-)

As far as the forum members who refuse to understand m,y objection to creality machines.
    It's based purely on the mechanics and engineering used.
    2 z axis motors are better than one.
    A direct drive extruder is better for almost everything than a bowden extruder - I own machines with both.
    And the more stable your print bed the fewer issues you will have.
    So side support rails are always going to make a more reliable machine that a single central rail.

That's it.
    Here's the thing a proper prusa design can print - with a direct drive extruder - at 200mm's. Yes I have done this and while a little rough the prints were dimensionally accurate.

People with ender 3's think that 60-70mm/s is fast.

So you pays your money and makes your choice.
    The more information you have, the better.

Add 686 Shooter on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    As far as the forum members who refuse to understand m,y objection to creality machines.
    It's based purely on the mechanics and engineering used.
    2 z axis motors are better than one.
    A direct drive extruder is better for almost everything than a bowden extruder - I own machines with both.
    And the more stable your print bed the fewer issues you will have.
    So side support rails are always going to make a more reliable machine that a single central rail.

That's it.
    Here's the thing a proper prusa design can print - with a direct drive extruder - at 200mm's. Yes I have done this and while a little rough the prints were dimensionally accurate.

People with ender 3's think that 60-70mm/s is fast.

So you pays your money and makes your choice.
    The more information you have, the better.
    So you are basing your opinion of all Creality printers on the Ender 3 is what you are saying? There are literally tens of thousands of satisfied Ender 3 owners who would disagree with you. But your engineering knowledge invalidates their experience and opinions of course.

Yes a direct drive extruder is an improvement over a Bowden setup. Is it a absolute must to achieve good quality prints? No, it is not. And most people do not need, or want to print at 200mm/s. 3D printing isn't a race for most people, other than yourself and perhaps a few others. The speed a printer can operate at is absolutely no indication as to its ability to produce great prints.

Your not doing anyone here a favor by denigrating their choice of printer or by steering them away from some very capable printers based on your personally assumed knowledge of 3D printer engineering.