Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
Hmm tricky opne.
The he3d k200 was my 3rd printer, and while after three years it's still factory spec hardware, electronics and firmware - I did make some mods to improve things.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend a delta as a first machine. But that said it's had over 7km ! of filament through it in the last three years and never put a foot wrong that wasn't my fault.
Without my mods and the sheet of Printbite I print on - it might be a bit trickier.
My first machine - flashforge creator was a real hit or miss affair until I stuck the Printbite sheet to it. And once your first layer and removing finished print issues go away - life is so much more fun :-)

So with the delta I ordered the printbite at the same time as the printer. So I've never had any adhesion issues with it.

And all the mods can be printed by the machine.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2386628
for the flexible cable manager you'd need to go down to about 10mm/s with a fairly stiff flexible filament - but I believe I printed the one I'm using with the delta.

On the up side - I can help :-)

I guess it depends what you think you're mainly going to print ?

Other than that, my best advice when looking at I3 style printers is to stick with josef prusa's original design.

Direct drive extruder
Dual z-axis motors
Print bed side support rails.

That way you at least start with a machine that has very sound engineering.
Thanks so much for helping me out!!

I have begun to research machines based on your advise. In doing so I have realized that I probably need to up my budget a bit. So I ran across the Anycubic i3 Mega S. They appear to have all 3 of the qualities you point out above. Also the Mega Pro is a 2 in 1 with a laser engraving attachment, which I really like but it's not crucial. Would you mind giving your thoughts on the Anycubics and are the 2 in 1 devices in this price range worth it or is it just a gimick?