Thank You Aardvark.
Actually the choice of the printer was very deliberate. for our experiments we wanted a very simple machine and I had seen several used by an acquaintance in his business and they seemed to be just the job and not badly made. Actually I got suckered by an internet seller who actually sold me a knock off of the Creality Ender 3pro. Apparently a CTC A13 or thats what it was labeled. It was the worst piece of junk I have seen in a long time if I had been I hobbyist I think I would have give up there and then. I still have the junk in the corner of my Lab as a reminder to always read Internet ads very carefully. I the event when we got the Creality Ender 3pro we have been using every day since the beginning of March with no problems.

As to Using ABS I agree that ABS can be a difficult material to print but for one of our requirements we needed the material to be resistant to dilute metal solutions but at pH13 when we tested PLA it delaminated between layers before our eyes. We also tried Poly Acetal which worked fine. Even so we decided to go with ABS but we use the low warp ABS product ABS-X from Mitsubishi Chemicals in Holland sold under several companies own brands we get ours from 3dfiloprint. Using that material we have made dozens of parts without failure using the settings above.
I hope this helps someone.