Close

Hybrid View

Abdalla, If you do not have any success, post again and I will try and see if I can help? Cismontguy

Solved the boot up but not the connection

Hey,

Now I could boot it up while the Ethernet cable not plugged in like the same issue here https://www.3dhubs.com/talk/t/z450-n...problems/11262

I tried the fix there by editing the ports to Auto in the BIOS like they said but still didn't solve the problem. I don't have the same amount of ports tho when I access the BIOS, I only see two serial ports and one parallel port to change unlike them in the link above.

Plus when I try to connect the printer to the switch after it booted, the LED lights next to the port don't light up. I don't know if any of that has a meaning. I'm not savvy in electronics.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks
    Mo

Hello Mo,I should have asked this question way long time ago. What operating system are you using? I was told that the Zcorp printers did not play nice with Windows 10. I only used Windows 7 Professional for all of my CNC machines so I never had a problem. I would try connecting the CAT5 cable directly to your router to remove any possibility that, that is causing a communications problem. No LEDs on the CAT 5 connection is not a good sign. I can check my screen shots I took months ago and see what I can find. Also I have a video I could post, Somewhere? so you can see my printer booting up as far as I ever got it to.Cismontguy

I'm actually using windows 10 but it was working fine before -Maybe some updates came recently changed that tho-. I tried connecting the printer to the wall ethernet outlet directly, LEDs didn't work too, with a Hub between the computer and the printer didn't light up, either on the hub or the CPU's back. tried other cables, nothing new. I just tried resetting the BIOS but still nothing new.I really appreciate you taking the time to help.