Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    So do you think one is capable of generating better print quality? Or do you think they are just 2 different ways of doing the same thing and they can be dialed in comparably and the trick is really just knowing your way around what you are using?
    Well I haven't compared Reprap FW and Marlin on same hw so cannot say for sure, but yes, I think they both provide about same quality at same settings. The differences in print quality probably come when going beyond the 'normal' printer settings, like tuning the linear advance, s-curve acceleration, junction deviation etc. special options. Not sure Reprap has all those, it does have pressure advance and dynamic acceleration to reduce ringin. Also I'm not sure how big of a effect those special features have on quality, I did enable MArlin S-curve and Junction deviation on my Dollo printers, but I don't think those printers are the best platforms for tweaking the minute quality details anyways... my other printers are either running Prusa version of Marlin so no S-curve or Junction deviation or they are running Duet HW.
    Last edited by spegelius; 07-12-2020 at 04:21 AM.