Went for it last evening and so far it's a partial success: the board boots, I can connect to it with OctoPrint and it homes all axes properly. The motors even sound bit quieter? Not sure if this is just my imagination...
But there's still problems:
- OctoPrint serial connection seems flaky at time, keeps disconnecting. Not sure why.
- DWC (Duet Web control) doesn't work. Connected the board to ethernet and it does get IP address with DHCP, ping works (with some gaps from time to time so maybe some connection problem?), but no response when trying to connect with http, ftp or telnet. This is a big minus, if I don't get DWC working might as well go back to Marlin + OctoPrint because now the configuration changes mean that I have to remove the SD card from the board and modify the config files on my PC.

I'll try to print something today to see if it works reliably. Also there are a couple of options to get DWC working:
- I have ESP8266 that came with the MKS touchscreen I bought with the SBase. Needs some soldering but should be relatively straightforward so I would have wifi
- check the SBase board. Last night I googled some and found out that the SBase boards from china might have some components missing or installed wrong (supprise!) which makes the ethernet behave badly.
- use the SBC mode which means using raspberry pi to act as a external Wifi module/controller to the SBase as with Duet3. I don like this option too much because it means I still need the raspi and there's no instructions for SBC setup for SBase, although the SKR instructions should provide the required information. Just need to find the correct pins on SBase...