Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
Spegelius where are you?! I found some new hardware on this topic and needed your input before taking the plunge on my coreXY build. This part looks like it is just the BTT wifi module but it connects to the exp1 & exp2 connectors: BIGTREETECH BTT RRF Wifi V1.0 Module Expansion board 3D Printer Parts – Biqu Equipment . I really want to know how this would differ from just using the wifi module connected directly to the board. This one: ESP-01S WIFI Module ESP8266 For SKR PRO TFT35 – Biqu Equipment .
And so I am wondering and was hoping we could have a small discussion on whether this component might solve any of the problems that existed from running reprap firmware on the skr boards. I want to connect cameras n stuff and I am either gonna try this or finally figure out octoprint and cura.
Hmm I think the latter of those two modules won't work with RRF. I have that ESP8266 TFT35 module (or similar) and the RRF port developer said it won't work with RRF. The Wifi BTT 1.0 Expansion board seems to be the correct one.
For cameras you'll need to go with Octoprint (or something else that provides a web stream of the camera) because RRF AFAIK doesn't support cameras. DWC allows you to set a webcam url so you can at least have the camera image shown on the web UI, but that's about it. For other hardware, this page should help: https://duet3d.dozuki.com/

@curious aardvark: the SD card is removable and it's basic FAT formatted disk so just pop it in a PC and edit away. Also I think plugging the board to PC with USB cable probably mounts the SD card also.