Close

Hybrid View

Sorry if this isn't helpful as I'm no expert but i see there is a G21 in gcode. Could this possibly help?

For some reason pronterface doesn't recognize g21 at the moment (I may have to enable it in marlin idk), however I have used g20 to ensure I'm working in mm and nothing has changed. However I have tuned my movement feedrate and it has helped quite a bit. The beginning and ends of each movement are still louder and jerkier but once the axis speeds up the movement is smooth. Although because x and y are still jittery when accelerating and decelerating, and that is mostly what it does while printing, most prints are quite jittery and loud. I'm not sure if this is a acceleration or jerk problem or if it has to do with my steps per mm, as my current value of about 5 does seem quite low.

I have also encountered another problem that may or may not be involved; when fine tuning the Unified Bed Leveling Mesh with the lcd knob one z axis motor doesn't always turn right. One motor turns in small increments just fine, but the other motor sometimes moves a little then moves back a little. My guess is that theres too much pressure on the z screw and the motor is therefore skipping steps, but would kinda expect the other motor to do the same too then. Is there anything I can do to avoid skipping steps?

My last (maybe) issue is that the motors only really move smoothly at around one feedrate. They move just fine with a feedrate of about 6,000-8,000, however if i want the motor to move any slower it becomes quite loud grindy. I'm continuing to mess with my settings so hopefully I will be able to find the issues but I figured I'd post them anyways in case someone has had any experience with them.

Well again I don't know much but the first thing that comes to mind is your bearings/bushings are binding or need lubrication. Just throwing that out there.