Quote Originally Posted by mike1234 View Post
I created a chitubox file for the G3D and did my first print using that software. Print came out almost perfect on the first try! Print adhered to the build plate, supports came off easy and the raft as the foundation made it so easy to scrape off. Only problem was some of the heavier non-supported areas came out slightly warped. Have a bunch of prints I need to get done this week so hopefully Ill be fully dialed in with the printer and chitubox by the end of this week. Thank you for the suggestion I appreciate it. Still have not gotten a single reply from G3D and some of my emails are going on 3 weeks. I have been looking at some FFM printers to try and further my knowledge of 3D printing and have another printer going incase I have more problems with the G3D. Any suggestions on good units under 500$? I was looking at the da vinci mini by XYZ.
I am not sure when it was updated but the G3D slicing software does do its own supports, in fact it has an option they call Magic for automatic orientation and supports built into the slicer. The printer itself is well made. You have to set and level the tank before your print, loosening the vat clamps and letting the machine cycle to find its level, then retightening the clamps. Projector settings are important and resin settings. If you use G3D its easy as they are preset.