Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    An small question, how long a typical roll is? I know most people simply measure the weight but every time i use slic3r it tells me the total cúbic mm the desing has, and i want a faster way to measure the total filament used with out the need of Actually print the desing ( had some troubles with some customers already, they want cheaper on bigger prints)
    And according to my math theres 2'405 cúbic mm per meter in a1.75mm filament. Any idea?

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by bshadown View Post
    An small question, how long a typical roll is? I know most people simply measure the weight but every time i use slic3r it tells me the total cúbic mm the desing has, and i want a faster way to measure the total filament used with out the need of Actually print the desing ( had some troubles with some customers already, they want cheaper on bigger prints)
    And according to my math theres 2'405 cúbic mm per meter in a1.75mm filament. Any idea?
    According to MakerGeeks:
    Big question of the day is... how long is a spool of 3D Printing Filament!? Hummmmm, I think even Blinky the wise old MakerGeeks.com owl might have a hard time with that question but never fear... we have the answer!!
    1/kg Spool
    PLA 1.75mm
    PLA 3mm
    ABS 1.75mm
    ABS 3mm
    302,000.00mm
    120,192.30mm
    245,000.00mm
    147,732.30mm

... and what does that mean to me and you!! Well, check this out... if you are printing with 3.00mm filament for a iPhone case you need about 2,700mm of filament; for a EPIC Starship Enterprize Model you'll need about 12,000mm of 3D Filament and for a full Kossel 3D Printer Kit we normally use about 50,000mm of filament. Another way to look at it according to MakerBot is that 1 spool of 3D Filament produces about 392 full sized chess pieces. Whoa... that's a lot of chess!!