Hi there folks.

Here's the last bit of the UR game.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7jlzl3eba..._bits.stl?dl=0

This has the counters and two versions for the dice.

Counters: Don't forget to make the Z-hop distance at least 4mm to clear the already-printed counters when you come to slice the top layer- Otherwise no real bother with these; maybe choose your most opaque filament for the dots.

Dice:
Tetrahedal ones. I can't find a way to print these at all. Using the two stl files I have included simply knocks the smaller 'pips' off because the nozzle is too blunt to lay the first layer abutting the existing layer. It would be possible to print by laying one layer at a time and changing colours as you go but that would a) need about thirty or forty separate stl files and b) would be both boring and very nerdy!
I've given you a set of four plain tetrahedra to print and then you can just paint the tips of two vertices a contrasting colour. But this, to my mind, is cheating! Any ideas how to print these pesky things?

'Sticks': These are what I will use. Easy to print and examples have been found from antiquity so we're OK on that front.

Another reason for not using the tetrahedral dice is that I plan to make a drawer in the base to hold the bits. The counters and flat dice will fit into a neat 10mm thick base but we'd need something about 40mm thick to take the tetrahedral dice. Ugly to my mind.

That's IT for this project folks. It's been a lot of fun and I really hope that someone will give these models a whirl and make improvements to the prints. Thanks for your time.

Chris.

Hmmm. What now? A brilliant blue butterfly box? Maybe a better dog-tag for Jack my mutt; the one he's wearing is brass and nasty! I'd quite like to explore the idea of using svg images so a photo of a blue butterfly may be the next project. After all, I now have four different shades of blue to play with!