Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
so how are you doing the multi colour ?
Short answer:
Separate stl files for each colour and leave the print on the bed between colour runs.
In that example each colour is just one 0,2 mm layer each and laid one after the other. 0.3 mm Z-hop-on-retraction turned on to hop over layers which are already there.
The order is important as I rely on the 'squish' to create really thin gaps for subsequent colours, although not in that example.

I would like to make each colour two layers thick to improve saturation but that causes adhesion problems. I can get round some of that by making sure that each colour after the first is laid adjacent to an existing layer but then my very thin lines are screwed. I'm working on it....
Final layer is an 0.8 mm white laid on 0.2 mm over the whole thing as the red and green are slightly translucent.
That gives me a 1 mm 'biscuit' which could be expoxied onto say a box. (Haven't tried that yet but it may be a fun way to go.)

If anybody wants to play I'd be happy to pop the eight stl files into my DropBox. That'd be cool as there are certainly some tricks I haven't come up with and I'm really very much a newbie at this stuff.

Software used so far. Just Tinkercad and Cura. Being a real cheapskate I only use free stuff!