Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    My 3D Printer enclosure has alight dimmer control and a bathroom fan. I have a vent hole that the fan draws air from.

When printing any model with air flow can ruin prints, I use only enough air flow to keep smell moving to outside vent.
    I have printed ABS with this constant air flow low enough that the print came out near perfect.
    By vent hole, do you mean just a hole?

I don't know if it is a good idea to seal the door. If I seal it and use only one fan, there is no air to go in. If I leave some gap perhaps just like a vent hole in your case, those toxic nano particles could leak out. What do you think?

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I have a plastic front which cover 90% of the front leaving about 10% of the bottom front that is used to draw air.
    In the back of my enclosure I have a bathroom fan that is used to suck the smelly air to the outside of my house threw a vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    I have a plastic front which cover 90% of the front leaving about 10% of the bottom front that is used to draw air.
    In the back of my enclosure I have a bathroom fan that is used to suck the smelly air to the outside of my house threw a vent.
    Thanks. Do you have a photo to illustrate the idea? Is it better to put the fan above the printer or near the build plate?

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by new3dprintinguser View Post
    Thanks. Do you have a photo to illustrate the idea? Is it better to put the fan above the printer or near the build plate?
    Photo
    The Twins-2020.jpg

I had the Camera against the wall,
    The Enclosure is a Full 4 x 8 foot sheet of plywood with two Clear 24w X 18h inch Plastic sheet hanging from a 4 foot hinge.
    Leaving a 24 X 6 inch gap at the bottom, I have two thermometers one behind each 3D Printer.
    The inside area is a single compartment with a bathroom fan in the rear and Dual Raspberry Pi's attached from top.
    A light dimmer is attached on the right side to adjust the fan speed.

Hope this gives you an ideal

Here is a photo of my First ABS printed model for my MPCNC.

XY_C_Burly.jpg

For This Carriage

carriage.jpg
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 06-23-2020 at 09:37 AM.