Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
Creality machines are just badly designed.
They all have a bowden extruder so are not very good for flexible filaments.

The cheaper end (enders) have aonly a single z-axis motor so the carriage is often not level, they all have just the single central support for the print bed - and that on wheels - so the bed is often not level. and they use a bowden extruder instead of a direct drive one.

basically they took the original i3 desing and threw away all the bits that made it such a reliable and stable and fast machine.

Founf the wanhao website lol
so ANY of their i3 p[rinters are good - they all use the original prusa design.
The ds4 mini looks like a decent little machine - already enclosed, so that's useful.

The duplicator 6 is decent looking - and would be very easy to enclose.

basically they're all good :-)

You probably want to avoid the resin machines. Unless you're printing really tiny things and want to risk the toxicity of the resin, just avoid.
Since finding out just how toxic resins and exposure to even the fumes is - I've gone right off resin machines :-)

Now for specifics - if you want to print polycarbonate you need a hotend rated for 300c.
It would probably be a fairly easy job on any of the i3 machines - and slightly trickier on the enclosed machines (different extruder carriage designs).
But the beauty of 3d printers uis that you can make your own parts :-)
Lets say I wont be printing alot of flexible stuff, propably only a cellphone cover once in a while. Will that affect the decision of the printer and the extruder?

I went to go read now the diff ebtween bowden and direct drive extruders, this just makes a decision much more difficult.

I will have a look at the Wanhao website, maybe I can see something similar there.

Problem in SA now is stock availability, everything only comes end Aug sometime. The only ones available to me right now (at the old import prices) are
Creality CR10sPro
Creality CR10 Max
Flashforge Inventor 2
Wanhao Duplicater 6 Plus

Dont wana just buy it as to be hasty decision. If there is better in that price range, then ill rather wait.

What are your thoughts on the Prusa I3 kits?