Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I mean if you can still get wamhao printers - they are excellent.
    I just haven't seen one for sale for quite some time now.

I can't in all conscience recommend creality products.

Okay so you'be got a couple of basic choices to make.

Do you go for an enclosed machine that can print abs (I hate abs lol) and other - much more desirable - filaments.
    GIven that you are in sa, then presumably environmental heat could well be an issue - not something we ever have problems with in the uk :-)

Yes it is fairly easy to enclose most print beds - so that's not a big issue really.

How handy are you mechanically ?
    Ie: is the fact that a printer might need a little tweaking here and there an issue ?

My current favourite recommendation is the hictop hero 3d idex: https://www.hic3dprinter.com/product...-dual-extruder

Price is good, size is good. The IDEX setup (two independant extruders) is excellent. Build quality seems pretty good. And most of the reviews have been positive.

Might need the odd tweak and upgrade, but on the whole It's the best value for money machine currently around.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    I mean if you can still get wamhao printers - they are excellent.
    I just haven't seen one for sale for quite some time now.

I can't in all conscience recommend creality products.

Okay so you'be got a couple of basic choices to make.

Do you go for an enclosed machine that can print abs (I hate abs lol) and other - much more desirable - filaments.
    GIven that you are in sa, then presumably environmental heat could well be an issue - not something we ever have problems with in the uk :-)

Yes it is fairly easy to enclose most print beds - so that's not a big issue really.

How handy are you mechanically ?
    Ie: is the fact that a printer might need a little tweaking here and there an issue ?

My current favourite recommendation is the hictop hero 3d idex: https://www.hic3dprinter.com/product...-dual-extruder

Price is good, size is good. The IDEX setup (two independant extruders) is excellent. Build quality seems pretty good. And most of the reviews have been positive.

Might need the odd tweak and upgrade, but on the whole It's the best value for money machine currently around.
    Apologies for only getting back to you now, was a hectic weekend.

Yes I can get the Wanhau printers, they are available here, question is, which printer?

Any specific reason why you would say to rather stay away from the creality printers?

Yeah our temperatures in summer get to 40dregrees celsius, and winter we go to -6 in the mornings. Its quite hectic, I would love to be able to print ABS and the exotic filaments and flexible filaments.

Yes, I am very handy mechanically, so the setup etc im not to worried about.

I will have a quick look at that suggestion, and see if it is for sale in SA as well

Thanks alot