Close

Threaded View

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I to started printing PLA for quite some time, then one day decided to Print ABS.

When I started printing PLA had some family members that hated the smell, so I built a case from a single sheet of particle board.
    I build it to enclose two 3D Printers surrounding the 3D Printers on all side except the front. there I used a piece of clear plastic sheeting.
    An on the rear there is a bathroom fan to vent the smell outside threw a dryer vent then using a light dimmer i can control the fan speed.
    The enclosure is a 2 Foot cube that is 4 feet wide.

Low and behold it also serves to provide as a heat chamber to keep the new ABS prints from warping.
    This was a side affect of the cases original design. Below is a simple photo.

The Twins 2018-3.jpg

The Front clear plastic only covers from about the height of the hot beds to the top on the case and are hinged on case top side.
    This design keeps the models being printed at a constant temperature while allowing a small flow of air to vent the smell outdoors.

Sample of 1st ABS Prints were for a MPCNC

XY_C_Burly.jpg

The finale posted below. An ABS 3D Printed MPCNC.

My MPCNC.jpg

This post was to explain to you that my ABS Prints best when in an environment where the temperatures remains constant.
    I lucked out by having made my 3D Printer custom Printer case when it came to printing with ABS.

MY ABS Print Temps
    Nozzle 240C
    Hot Bed 96C Had problems with my hotbeds warping when temp exceed 100C
    My Case temp remains at constant 37.78C while ABS is being printed.

Have heard some users placing a box/tent over there 3D Printers when printing ABS helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images