Hey,

I've tried both kinect and sense. Sense is a lot more for scanning I think, easier to handle, better to work with. And I'm a big fan of Geomagic, and seems like they've come up with some nice software for Sense. The pro is the con however, it's a closed system. Anyway, it's a nice system, too bad I didn't have a chance to check on the small details on the engadget show. But comparing it to some professional scanners / like artec eva or large for example / it's really not that bad. Especially for that price. And sure, makes sense that some people compare it to the kinect, as one of the most known consumer 3d scanning technology out there, but this one comes from 3D systems. You might like or dislike them, but they have a tendency in acquiring the most forward-thinking companies and investing in the most advanced technologies.

One more thing. Scanning is about 30% the scanner, 30% the software, 40% the person who does the data processing. It's not just pushing a button and that's it. At least not right now, or not on the scale/level that people are expecting it to be. Sure, you can do fabulous things, it just takes time, money and experience. Just like in any other technology.