Close

Threaded View

First print help/for-parts Creators on eBay

Hi everyone,

I just bought a Flashforge Creator on eBay from j_thurber. If you haven't seen their auctions, they sell FF printers returned to Amazon, as "parts only" and without any info on the condition. This particular one had some loose screws, a missing nut, extruder installed incorrectly (cable twisted), dirty nozzles, missing ABS filament, kapton tape removed and replaced with sloppily applied blue painter's tape, power supply set to European (good thing I checked!), a mystery extra sensor cable, and really the only "serious" problem: missing filament spool holders. I have been trying to replicate them with parts from Home Depot's plumbing and irrigation departments, with no success so far. I tried printing a replacement, but I'm having trouble with my print quality. Other than that, it is fully functional and I think a good deal.

So now I get to the real point of this post.

Does anyone know what might be causing this:
    IMG_2596.jpg

I have upgraded the firmware to the latest sailfish and was using RepG 40r24 - sailfish. The three dots on the side in this photo were created by me learning that ReplicatorG is a piece of crap and apparently can't keep a build running unless it is the foreground window. Which leads me to my second question: what software do you prefer for use with these printers? I also have a printrbot simple and use Repetier and slic3r with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images