Close

Threaded View

Engineer-in-Training
    I see so many crowdfunded 3D printers, and have known several that have been dissapointing. Makibox took 15 months and the structure is still questionable at best. Part of that delay was "mission creep", I think trying to do a pellet extruder when it wasn't promised or even development work started yet. Buccaneer reneged on the heated bed and was supposed to deliver Feb 2014. I know some people got them by the videos, but I'm not sure if they're actually done shipping the rewards yet.

There's been a couple 3D printer cancellations lately, before the campaign finished, and that was a good thing in both cases.

Yes, he finally showed the machine printing a calibration cube, one that's a bit flawed at that. I doubt he built the Dalek or Yoda using that machine if he's later showing off the build of a calibration cube as proof the machine works.

These people are trying to outdo each other on price. And that's deadly for people that don't appear to have business, engineering or logistics experience. Most of these situations, I think you're most likely buying a box of frustrations, assuming you even get the box.
    Last edited by JRDM; 08-01-2014 at 08:40 PM.