Close

Hybrid View

He specializes in small business bankruptcy.
    I don't agree with DUG's math either but the cobblebot project is just extremely sketchy. Do you honestly believe that the parts are finalized and ready for IM? His updates showed many revisions of the bot and none looked remotely close to a functional prototype. And there's just no effort at all from his side, it seems like a side thing for him. No real time videos despite his clam of 1000 hours of printing, unstable floppy design from what little we get to see and he even refused to participate in the comments section, there are way too many red flags. I've been on kickstarter for a few years and this is by far the worst project I have ever seen. He doesn't have the time to take videos but no problem starting an indiegogo campaign?

@carrot - I agree with the concerns you raise. They are mine as well be assured. However, the points you raise are real and based on facts. Unfortunately, as I pointed out previously, DJB makes an argument based on erroneous information and makes misleading implications. His point is well taken (ie. this is a risky investment) but the basis for his position is flawed masked seemingly in logic. I've simply pointed out the flaws and present a question for his zealousness.

I continued my pledge as a calculated risk that I personally deemed worth the risk. I'm open to pointing out the many concerns with this project even beyond the few you point out. But I don't think misinformation serves either side of the argument intended or not.