Close

Threaded View

Your math is way off. He will not be assembling most of the units. At $299 they are kits. Even the pre-assembled units will likely be opted as kits to save on shipping on most of the units.

Who pays $25/hr to temporary assemblers? Engineers are not required for manual labor like this.

Taxes can be offset almost completely by deducting costs.

Not sure what your beef is with this project but sounds a bit fishy for someone "without a horse in the race" to go out of his way to ignore simple and obvious facts to malign someone else's work.

based on your own calculations with appropriate factors in place, this would not only be feasible but a successful model.

I agree that the acrylic plate needs to go and IF printing in abs a heated bed would be necessary. But this project does not include one at $299 so why incorporate it as an implied or necessary cost?

Also, the printer is supposed to be capable of printing in many other materials. PLA, as an example, would not require a heat bed or enclosure for that matter.

I don't know for certain if he will deliver or not but the numbers work out if you bother to look at the details.

Your post reeks of negative propaganda more than objective criticism.

If mine smells of a fanboy it's because I'm actually vested in it at $299 and want to see it succeed.

BTW, I am familiar with injection molding and the pieces are not impossible. They will require post processing but they are workable with very minor changes.
    Last edited by josephchun; 08-12-2014 at 12:52 PM.