Close

Hybrid View

Whatever you do, do NOT buy an FLSUN QQ. The Ender sounds like a nightmare as well and I wouldn't purchase one either. I have around 2 years of 3D printing experience and my next machine will be a Prusa. If you really like challenges, you're better off trying to design and build a custom 3D printer...that works. I assume you're buying a 3D printer because you want to get into 3D printing. If you buy the wrong printer, which the Ender certainly sounds like it meets the entrance criteria for, you will not be doing much 3D printing. Your time will be spent experimenting with endless combinations of setting parameters, repairing mechanical design flaws and possibly re-flashing firmware...all while burning through roll after roll of filament as you throw away one botched print job after another.

Quote Originally Posted by FLSUNNOTFUN View Post
    If you really like challenges, you're better off trying to design and build a custom 3D printer...that works.
    Well, if you want him to avoid nightmares, don't advise him about builden a custom machine.
    About Ender, as I read you should never used or seen one printing. I only have to level bed once a month, printing every day.

And about Prusa, don't think you will get a super machine much better than Ender, but more expensive for sure (I personally have used Prusa mk3 and I liked it, but not as much as to pay that difference of price with other regular prices).