Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Oh, I thought Creality stood for a reliable and "out of the box" good machine...
    lol - that's what they pay a lot of people to say :-)

Since they have so far not paid me or given me a machine to 'review'.
    I tend to go by the number of people who come to the forum with problems. Creality are so far ahead of any other manufacturer in the 'problem' race, that I can't see anyone ever catching up.
    So - personally - I would avoid them like the corona virus !

That aside, the new tronxy looks good, titan extruder, direct drive - solid and stable looking z-axis on the bed.
    Good build volume. Plus that aluminium extrusion frame is great for attaching things to.

Student

Need advice before buying

I am also beginner in 3D printing and I am going to purchase my first one.
    I am an very experienced senior engineer, both in mechanical sector as also in computers / software.
    So these issues are not a problem for me, this I luck is knowledge about 3D printing and equipment.

I am living in Greece, so I have to buy anything from EU market to avoid problems with customs.

After searching a lot, I have reduced my options to 3 models:
    1. Original Prusa i3 Mk3S Kit (~770 €)
    2. Creality CR10S Pro V2 (~550 €)
    3. TronXY X5SA Pro (~410 €)

Prusa seems -to me- to be more "professional" than the others, as also having better support.
    As a plus it has an easy to add multi (5) material module, the MMU2S at a price ~300 €,
    while the other two require some serious search on how they will be converted to multi material.
    On the con side it has less printing volume, and in reviews there are mentioned some issues on long items.

Creality model can create much bigger volume items, but reviews mention that is difficult to remove items from plate.
    Also -as they say- support is not so good.
    Finally some have complains about quality, specially for previous models.

TronXY is the cheapest of 3, meaning less "lost money" if possible problems will drive to another printer.
    I don't know anything about support for this printer.
    In reviews there were serious issues about quality of plastic parts,
    but for the new model they say most of them are metallic.
    There also complains about bad quality control, missing parts on kit,s etc.
    One issue (that I do not know if it creates problems) is the head movement by belt.

So any info from any of you that have experience on these models, will be helpful.
    As also any other thing that I have to be careful, before purchasing a printer.

Thanks in advance.