Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Entire 3D Printed Meals to be Served in NYC and Barcelona!

If you already didn't think that 3D Printing was becoming a little too surreal, this may change your mind. This December, a company will be serving 2 entirely 3D printed meals in New York City and in Barcelona, Spain. The means will consist not only of 3D printed food, but of 3D printed eatery, dishes, etc. To top it off, these meals will be served by an internet connect robot. Read more about this incredible story at http://3dprint.com/8364/3d-printed-meal/

Engineer-in-Training
    Another sad business idea. Hopping on the 3D printed bandwagon isn't a guaranteed good idea.

It looks like the print bed was a piece of spam! I think I'm going to pass on the meal and wait for the chocolate desert to be printed up and served.

I do not see (at the moment) how this is economical in any way, it's a novelty sure, but I just see where this is supposed to save you money in the long run.

Technician
    Might be good for dog food or for schools to serve up to kiddies. Throw a bunch of powered food mix in the machines and serve to kids along with powered milk machine.

Staff Engineer
    1. "There's no possible way anyone will ever eat this food, let alone buy it for money."
    2. "Put it in a resturant in New York, Barcelona, San Fransisco and/or Paris."
    3. ???
    4. Profit!

Food culture in these cities makes no sense to a sane mindset.

I would be interesting in attending the dinner. I would attend with an open mind and empty stomach. I would take pictures and post back to the forum for everyone to discuss.

If the correct chefs and food scientist were involved I believe the food could taste great. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Absolutely interested. Pair the meals with wine, cheese, and beer, served with foodsafe 3D printed dishware and flatware... I'm pre-sold.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    "I'm terribly sorry sir, there has been a problem with your steak, we had a printer jam"

As a Food Scientist (seriously) thank you PhDetroit for the vote of confidence. I know the NaturalMachines folks and I can tell you they will make this work; I would very much like to attend this "3Dinner".
    Check put the Food 3D Printing discussion here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast