Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    How do you adjust gaps in S3D or FlashPrint?? I don't see any settings labeled as such.

In the interim I am doing a workaround on this project. Just printing a quadrant of the ring gear and then will glue it to a bare ring of the needed diameter that will be printed separately. I took the full diameter ring and pinion unit and just truncated it to about 1/3. This is small enough that I can use the Qidi. Sort of like the blue example in the picture in first post.

I don't really need gear teeth for the full circumference anyway. This is going to be a micro adjuster for my espresso coffee grinder and it will only need to work in a fairly narrow range to fine tune the grind as coffee dries out over time or when I get a fresh load.
    Last edited by raylo32; 03-03-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    here's the adjustment settings in flashprint:
    flashprint adjust.jpg

Also why don't you just seperate the two pieces and print them further apart ?

In simplify 3d select the model, click MESH, Then SEPERATE CONNECTED SURFACES.
    Nothing appears to happen, but if you look at the list of models loaded, you will see a new one. The two gears will now seperate and can be individually saved, deleted, moved, resized etc.

Amazing how useful that option is :-)

Size adjustment in simplify3d: