Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    nope - hang on.
    Hmm, weird I can see the download page but no links appear.

Have to look when I'm in the workshop.

It is weird, my knp is super accurate.
    Not the fastest machine around, but always been bang on dimensionally.
    You can actually adjust external and internal gaps, with s3d you just get internal ones.

Technician
    How do you adjust gaps in S3D or FlashPrint?? I don't see any settings labeled as such.

In the interim I am doing a workaround on this project. Just printing a quadrant of the ring gear and then will glue it to a bare ring of the needed diameter that will be printed separately. I took the full diameter ring and pinion unit and just truncated it to about 1/3. This is small enough that I can use the Qidi. Sort of like the blue example in the picture in first post.

I don't really need gear teeth for the full circumference anyway. This is going to be a micro adjuster for my espresso coffee grinder and it will only need to work in a fairly narrow range to fine tune the grind as coffee dries out over time or when I get a fresh load.
    Last edited by raylo32; 03-03-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    here's the adjustment settings in flashprint:
    flashprint adjust.jpg

Also why don't you just seperate the two pieces and print them further apart ?

In simplify 3d select the model, click MESH, Then SEPERATE CONNECTED SURFACES.
    Nothing appears to happen, but if you look at the list of models loaded, you will see a new one. The two gears will now seperate and can be individually saved, deleted, moved, resized etc.

Amazing how useful that option is :-)

Size adjustment in simplify3d: