curious aardvark, REALLY appreciate the "direct drive" education and feedback. I was literally going to buy the CR-10S Pro V2 today as I was thinking just pay all the money up front and be running / learning reliably well for at least a few years. Now my buying is on hold, and you've got me thinking in a different initial purchase direction long term. Sounds like you NEED a heated and humidity controlled environment to successfully print Nylon. That being said i'm thinking about cancelling the Nylon requirement short term just buy a standard CR-10 type unit and just buy an additional smaller enclosed unit specifically better suited towards Nylon down the road when i'm ready ?

I'm diving into 3D printing not only for the design / manufacturing passion at the hobby level, but also to learn this technology from my employment standpoint. This will help me advance my personal experience and I hope to encourage my employer to consider 3D printing in the future. I CNC machine a lot of composites on a weekly basis. I think a large 300mm bed will teach me efficient "gang" printing of small , more flat types of parts.

A quick question back on Nylon, would it be adequate to take the "i3" type machine , construct a simple laminate sealed enclosure and internally circulate hot air (such as a hairdryer) and maintain a stable internal atmosphere environment for printing Nylon ? Meanwhile I will spend some time researching direct drive. Thanks !!